Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vote YES Amendments 3, 4 and 6

Years ago when I first got into this business my dad gave me a bit of advice...He told me not to talk about politics or religion with my customers. My first broker told me the same thing...and the first big company I worked for even went so far as to prohibit us from placing bumper stickers on our vehicles or campaign signs on our lawns. It was part of the office policy manual. In this business, as in any business, once you commit to a side half the world might not want to do business with you anymore...and it doesn't seem to matter that on the flip side the other half might then be more likely to do business with you...Unfortunate, but true. I must admit, I have had a few occasions when it was fairly obvious after getting to know someone that I let my opinions known. I can count on one hand how many times in 27 years that has happened. Only twice have I misread their comments and been wrong and wished I could have retracted my comments...Both of those occasions happened in the past few months...Hey, what can I say? It's an interesting and exciting election. More exciting than ever because I am proud to say that my husband and partner Chip Harris is voting in his very first presidential election since becoming an American citizen in 2006! On November 4th Florida voters will be voting on more than just the next president. It's safe to say my opinion on the amendments regarding real estate probably won't be held against me. So, I am hereby expressing my support for three amendments:
  • No. 3- Changes and Improvements Not Affecting the Assessed Value of Residential Real Estate.
  • No. 4- Property Tax Exemption of Perpetually Conserved Land; Classification and assessment of Land Used for Conservation.
  • No. 6- Assessment of Working Waterfront Property Based Upon Current Use.

Let me know if you have questions!

~and regardless of whom you are voting, get out there and vote! It is an honor and a privilege. Whether my vote cancels your vote or not, I hope you will call me for all your real estate needs because I'm a good real estate agent. Period! Thanks and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment