Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2008

More Good News

I'm back in the office today for my first real, full day "on the job" in the new year...I like being here...working from home, prospecting, previewing listings...all productive use of time, but being here at the office today has been great. Everyone seems to be so optimistic. There's a good vibe in the air at Coldwell Banker Fifth Avenue South! That's one of the nice things about the new year...a clean slate...a promise of tomorrow! There are some positive signs indicating that Florida, specifically Southwest Florida, is moving in the right direction with regard to property values and projected sales. We can thank, in part, demographics and economic trends. Current prices have either stabilized or are continuing to decrease, but I believe we will see an upturn in the real estate market here in Naples in the 2nd half of 2008...Look, it's my job to be optimistic, but let me share a few findings I noted recently that help back up my optimism... First of all, for the third year in a row Florida metro areas dominated the Milken Institute-Greenstreet Partners "2007 Best Performing Cities Index". They reportedly look at 1-5 year job growth as well as other factors. Ocala led the list, the Naples-Marco Island area was # 6. This index includes the top 200 largest metro areas in the U.S. Also, job growth in health care, education and government; the driving force of Florida Gulf Coast University, all must be considered. These all point to long term demographics which will have a positive impact on our area in spite of the recent downward trend in construction. Florida has been one of the country's 10 fastest growing states for each of the past seven decades! Lastly, Naples will continue to lure retirees who are looking for warm weather and the best health care...playing golf in February, a healthy lifestyle. Combine all of this with the strong Euro and Canadian dollar, historically low interest rates and our excellent inventory, and I am certain we are in for a great "season"! It's cold up north right now, I'm betting on the pent up demand and the palm trees blowing in the breeze just outside my window being in my favor when the day is done...More Good News coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment