- Across the nation, in the $10 million + price range, sales have increased approximately 60% YTD.
- More than half the sales in the state of Florida YTD have been cash transactions.
- Previews sales, defined as closings of listings priced at or above $1 million, in Florida's SW Region, comprised of communities from Sarasota to Marco Island, were up 19.7% YTD
- YTD, the list to sale ratio of Previews properties from the ORIGINAL asking price to the closed sale price was -31%
- The top 1% of the affluent in the USA own 34% of the wealth.
- The top 10% are responsible for 50% of the dollars spent, and 70% of the margins in retail.
- If you earn $100,000 or more, you are in the top 16% in the USA.
- More than 80% of today's affluent were raised in the middle class.
- 84% of today's affluent still describe themselves as "middle class."
- Over 86% of today's affluent begin all their luxury purchases online.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Previews Luxury Symposium
Today, Chip and I attended the Previews Luxury Symposium. This is a continuing education program provided by the Coldwell Banker Southeast Region designed to give extensive, ongoing training to agents who work primarily in the listing and marketing of luxury residences. The Southeast region includes Dallas, Atlanta and Miami. This training is mandatory for us to be re-certified as Previews Property Specialists. There are approximately 12,000 Previews Specialists worldwide. Less than 1,000 in the state of Florida. It is an exclusive group of agents that make up less than 10% of the Coldwell Banker sales agents internationally.
In addition to discussing The Power of Previews and building a personal brand, we were given several interesting luxury housing updates and recent facts about the affluent consumer.
Here are a few statistics that I found interesting:
Another fact that I was personally very proud of, when one of the guest speakers did a "Google search" and typed in "Luxury Homes Naples Florida", only one Coldwell Banker agent came up on the first page...that was me and Chip! In addition to this, during the seminar, the publisher of Unique Homes magazine, who was also one of our guest speakers, received a "Google Alert" which directed him to our website.
Chip and I are dedicated to the real estate industry. This is more than just a career to us, it's our way of life...we continually update our marketing materials to reflect the current trends and we are committed to being the best we can possibly be. We understand the importance of all aspects of promoting properties; from print marketing campaigns to direct mail pieces, to Internet exposure, social networks and blogging! It is for that reason that we have affiliated ourselves with the world's leader in Luxury sales: Coldwell Banker, and why we feel privileged when a consumer chooses us to assist them with their luxury home sale or purchase. Thank you!
For additional details about the local luxury market in Naples Florida, please call us today. We look forward to hearing from you and hope to earn your business. 239.370.0574 direct
The Naples Real Estate Blogger